Back from photo shoot

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Back from photo shoot

Postby paul » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:28 am

Well, with 5,550 miles on the van and a few thousand photos to work on, it's good to be home. I got pictures for outings on:

St. Mary's River in Glacier National Park
A tributary to St. Mary's in GNP
Two small, clear brook trout streams in GNP
A lake in GNP
Catherine Creek in Eastern Oregon
A high mountain stream full of bull trout in Eastern Oregon
The Minam River below the mouth of the Wallowa River in Oregon
The Deschutes River near the mouth with a summer steelhead run getting started, Oregon
The Yachats River at the mouth on the coast of Oregon (has trout and runs of salmon)
The St. Regis River in Northwestern Montana
A smaller trout stream in Montana

I think that's it... Combined with the remaining Yellowstone and other waters I shot last year, and more of your contributions, I think I'll be busy workming on new outings all winter.

As for fishing, I caught quite a few trout along the way (including enough bull trout to get that species into the game) but the most thrilling fishing I did was not fly fishing. The only non-fly fishing I did on this trip was with a friend of the family who lives on the Columbia River, home of lots of salmon, steelhead, smallmouth bass, and white sturgeon. He took my wife and me out sturgeon fishing. Since that's not related to RWFF I'll post the details of that unreal experience on the "Other" forum. 8)

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Welcome Back Paul!

Postby dcarp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Wow, sounds like you had a great time here out west. Welcome back to the virtual world. We'll all be looking forward to the new waters. Really glad to hear that you got the opportunity to do some Columbia River Sturgeon fishing! It's quite a thrill to get connected with one of those prehistoric monsters, isn't it??

It's been a few years since I fished the Columbia, but on our best day, my boss and I hooked into over 40 feet of fish, including a 12 foot dinasour that took the two of us, taking turns, 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to the boat. Actually though, the 5-6 footers are the most fun. They'll usually come out of the water a couple times and put up a good fight. The monsters mostly head for the bottom of the channel and sulk. It's more about lifting them, then fighting them. Sure hope you got some pictures to share.

I really appreciate your assistance while on the road getting me a new copy of the game after my disk failure. That's what I call excellent customer service! Out on a major fishing trip and making time for a customer in need. Thank you.

Again, welcome back, thank you and great game (that's just going to keep getting better and better!)

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Welcome back Paul. Sounds like you had a great time and took some awesome pictures. I'm familiar with a few of the streams you mentioned in Oregon. Sounds like RWFF is going to get better and better :!: :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing