A feature I would...

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A feature I would...

Postby Cutch » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:22 pm

like to see added to RWFF. In real life when I hook a small fish on a fly and don't want to continue fighting it, I either give it some slack and let the fish throw the hook.
It would be so handy to press a key when want to release a fish (quick release), so the fish would be off your line and not have to continue fighting it. My other fishing games have this feature.
In tourneys (contests) you wouldn't have to waste time fighting small fish that you would release anyway and spend your time fighting larger fish.
What do you folks think, Paul, is this feasible :?:
Cutch

a feature

Postby William Feltham » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:15 pm

when the fish goes under the blue line it has been landed.
William Feltham

Postby Cutch » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 pm

William,
I mean when you first hook a small fish, press a key (example: R for release), and the fish would be off your hook. You wouldn't have to waste time fishing and landing small fish which you wouldn't use in contests anyway. :wink:
Cutch

post subject

Postby William Feltham » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:32 pm

hi cutch what i meant about the blue line is that when i had the 35inch steelhead it took me under the blue line three times each time it went off the screen i played that fish for 1 hour and 10 minutes by that time i did not care if it came off or if the leader broke i had a enough off it that is what i meant if its under the blue line its landed. but i am glad that i got him in the end anyway thanks for the reply.
William Feltham

Return to Real World Fly Fishing