Crayfish Fly

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Crayfish Fly

Postby W7ULA » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Has any one tied a fly yet that memics the CrayFish (Crawdad ). If anyone has made one could you please send me the fly that memics the Crayfsh...Thanks For Reading and happy casting...
Chris
W7ULA

Postby Cutch » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:28 pm

W&ULA,
I found finally found a Crayfish Streamer on the internet, Called the "Near Nuff Crayfish",...here's what it looks like:

I attempted to tie one, it didn't come out as good as I wanted,...but it's the best I could do. Also, the Crayfish are redder here in Oregon so I made mine similar. Here's my Crayfish:

Here's the link to the Crayfish I tied. Just unzip it and put the folder in the Flies folder in the game.
Link to Cutch's Crayfish....click here
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:29 am

Thank you Cutch, very nice :)

Regards Pitti
Pitti

Postby Cutch » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 am

I didn't like the looks of the Crayfish flies I found on the internet. I tied 3 more using materials that you wouldn't ordinarily use. I couldn't get anything to the right colors I wanted, so I used the body weights. (Brass Beads & Nickel Barbels) :shock:
I think the flies came out looking fairly similar to the Brown, Bronze, and Red Crayfish found on the internet. (Real Crayfish pictures,...not fly patterns)
I tied these on the long streamer fly hooks.
Big problem when I tried fishing with them,....they sank like a brick...LOL.
I opened the Flies folder, then the fly.def file, and changed the sinking 5 # to a 2, then saved it.
Now the crawfish flies sink just below the surface like streamers, and the fish gobble them up,...even if they are DOUBLE UGLY!

CLICK HERE for Cutch's Crayfish Streamers

There is a txt file in the zip telling where, what, ect.....to do with the flies. :wink:
Cutch

Postby W7ULA » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:25 am

Hello Cutch

I really appreciate the help with the crayfish flies, I will most certainly put them to use thanks so much 73 Chris
Chris
W7ULA

Return to Real World Fly Fishing