New Smallmouth Bass Record

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Smallmouth Bass Record

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi Barns:

Soreeeeeeeeeeee!! your Smallmouth Bass record (in Expert Mode) is now gone. :P :P

I was broken off again in scene four of the Ruidera Expert Challenge by the same fish. I think it was a large Pike. It took me to the drag and just sat on the bottom and could not be landed. This happened twice now and it was very frustrating as I wanted to complete the Expert Challenge badly. :oops:

You will have to fish a little harder now!

Regards,

Stanley

Fish: 26.83 inch SmallmouthBass from AM ruidera ponds1; Code: ZHZXYCGMOZRKX7017USCNIUDQPUQNBUURAULHIHEHG8WPUKROOHISNGEKTCXN

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: New Smallmouth Bass Record

Postby richwest » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:18 am

Stanley,

Was it this pike?

Fish: 51.33 inch Pike from AM ruidera ponds1; Code: NQKCJHSSGVAN3489GXOYXXGCLQUODRFGRCBVEAUNUT8WQJXKFEYGRVVRIOCNB

caught during challenge on 2x leader in experienced mode

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby alvaro mundt » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Barns and Stanley.

Fished in ruidera ponds in experienced mode with 2x leader :P :P :P
Fish: 26.86 inch SmallmouthBass from AM ruidera ponds1; Code: QJFBNQXDTWMP4272FLRJWNLVZQBPUTTBTRQBPEENDP0KKMSQKCWXPSUXCWVHA(I´m sorry, I´ve lost the foto.

Fish: 52.19 inch Pike from AM ruidera ponds1; Code: PXPXCVMAMRIH7087MYUGTHFTNJGVAFOYADMXKWIMDY3PZIWDSEFLKMJWBADOA

Best regards. Álvaro
alvaro mundt

Postby Barns » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:20 am

Hi Stanley

Its my turn to say sorreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee But i have my record back, caught in expert mode.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:40 am

Hi Uncle Barnsie:

Congrattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttts!! A very nice fish! It is about time you caught a big one. :P :P I haven't been fishing much the last two or three days due to various activities around home. Besides all those weird spams that we have been getting on the forum everything was pretty quiet for a while. Wonder what Alvaro, Richard and SW are up to??

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Stanley

Richard and i fish every night, we are still trying to complete the Ruidera outing in expert but to no avail. I was hoping Alvaro would do a post so we could ask what to fish. I thought Redwaters was hard, but this takes the biscuit. Must be the hardest challenge yet. If anyone manages to complete it i think they will hold record for a very long time. Furthest i have reached is site 4, where i got broken twice.

Forum very quiet these days apart from the spam. Looks like we need a new outing that will get everyone going. Hows about a Stanleys super fish pond.

With every possible species. Would be very interesting to make but i think too much work. Then again, you never know.

What is your biggest Blue Trout in expert on Ruidera. Had a nice fish last night of 35.27ins.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Barns » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Stanley

I have made a fool of myself again, i have forgotten to change from experienced to expert. Your record fish still stands.

My mistake.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:51 am

Hi Barns:

Good to hear that you have been fishing online and catching some nice fish. Hehe.... Yes, it is easy to forget to switch back to Expert Mode. In the Ruidera outing this makes a huge difference in difficulty in catching the fish. You are right... Ruidera is by far the toughest challenge outing yet. The interesting thing about it is that one never feels as though he cannot get through the challenge. It is a real teaser. Don't know if Alvaro designed it this way but it turned out just great. :P :P A great thing to remember for future challenges.

Also the dreaded "gr" error has come back for me after upgrading to the latest version of RWFF. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

Even my wife has noticed that I have been fishing the Ruidera challenge mode every time I sit in front of the computer. I think we have become obsessed with getting through this challenge. I had the same problem as you. Got to scene 3 or four and got broken off. I have a glass table top on my computer desk and I have to be very careful about how hard I pound on it when the line goes zap and comes flying back at you. :P :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing