Ebro 2 Magical Moments, Thanks SW!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Ebro 2 Magical Moments, Thanks SW!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi All:

After I saw SW's fine fish caught in Ebro 2 I decided to have a go in Expert Mode.

Murky water, slow moving, large sinister looking pools with strange currents. Perfect set up for some catfish of extraordinary proportions. A great place for a treble hook, fresh chicken liver wrapped in a nylon bag with a heavy sinker. The smell of blood should attract those giant catfish. But wait a minute, we are flyfishers, not bait fisherman. So now what?

Visibility is poor in these murky waters. So something very dark? Something very bright and silvery would attract these lunkers? Sorting through my flybox, pretending I was a large catfish sitting in the current waiting for some food to come swimming by, or floating by. What would I eat? Ah, maybe a big juicy floating insect (actually catfish don't often feed on floating insects, their mouths are turned down so they are basically bottom feeders), maybe a fat shinny minnow that looked a little slow and crippled. Yeah, that is it. I selected a shinny minnow and went fishing. Trying to twitch it a little to make it look crippled.....!

Cast after cast produced nothing! What went wrong? Damn it, I will make the minnow even fatter and bigger so the catfish can see it. Another cast, a twitch between a pull, that is it, Bang!! A violent hit and when the giant catfish felt the hook and the tension, it headed for the far shore with the reel screaming, almost smoking! Another dream come true, right in the comfort of your own home. Brought to you by Martin, aka SW, Producer and Director of EBRO 2, Espana. :P :P

Martin, in your warning label you should have added: "Highly addictive! You may lose some weight because you will forego sleep and dinner for this game". Thanks Martin!! (didn't dare to put in the wife part!)

Regards,

Stanley

Fish: 69.68 inch AmurCatfish from Sw River Ebro Spain 2; Code: KJVLTJGERFXOO6808BYIKCMWQNONOWTRVVYSUAZQSRWP6UCTABEIGRCLFJXSJ

Fish: 53.65 inch Wels from Sw River Ebro Spain 2; Code: TYZRIXEWPBKEZ6780WVLRVEMHNXSQGKODMODJMHVKFAR0BFVMYCYBHKMSBMFI

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Ebro 2 Magical Moments, Thanks SW!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Dear Stanley,I thought I would have another go as well and after 2 minutes hooked a biggie,22 minutes later after a great fight,I moved the rod forward to reel in just a little more line when something happened that I have never had before,I was informed that (spoken words)"The Hook Slipped Loose,This Happens From Time To Time" and the biggie had gone back to the murky depths of the river, I was so surprised I just sat there dumbstruck as I had never experienced before this message or outcome, 20 minutes gone and I never even saw the fish,and you are right it is addictive so I will try again tomorrow,and by the way "NICE FISH". Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Martin:

That must have been Paul's voice, hahaha. I am just guessing. :P :P The message I get the most often is, "you can't get a fly that small on such a thick leader!". Anyway I have not heard that hook slipping off before. The big fish are not easy and that is what makes it fun. The important thing is that they are "landable". I will have a go later too.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby geraldro » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Hi Stanley,

Image Image Image

Fish: 52.34 inch Wels from Sw River Ebro Spain 2; Code: ZIOAZFSEHIIYN8112SENDBAAQLAIDUWPZVMHJDBOVRKG0KURCEPSYSOOVTLKX

Regards Gérald
geraldro

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Hi Geraldro:

Glad to see you back and catch big fish again. You have not lost that old touch of yours. Nice Fish! I am sure you will catch a bigger one later!! Great to see the old master fishing again! :P :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing