Perfect Match? Made any difference??

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Perfect Match? Made any difference??

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi All:

Tied some flies this weekend. As you can see the ant fly below is almost a perfect match for the food item. I did not catch the record Golden Trout with this fly. I did that with my other secret fly, hahaha :P :P

I was experimenting with the ant flies in Barns' beautiful pond outings. My conclusion? This perfect fly was actually no better than many of the more impressionistic models that I had. Even had a minimal fly, consisting of only a length of dubbing in the right color and size, catching as many fish as this "perfect imitation". So what is the point? As long as the size, the color and the designated name of the insect is correct, the fly will catch fish. :P :P

Ahhhhhh!! But it is so much fun and so addictive to craft these flies and to use them to catch fish. This is certain something that the RWFF program has that the other virtual fishing programs don't. What is your opinion on this subject??

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Perfect Match? Made any difference??

Postby Barns » Sun May 31, 2009 11:43 pm

Stanley

The joy of tying the flies is great, but i like to see the unusual dressings that you come up with and still catch fish on them. I and everybody must have a good laugh at some of the patterns you create. Keep up the good work. :lol: :lol:

Regards

Barns
Barns

Re: Perfect Match? Made any difference??

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 am

Hi Barns:

I am glad you appreciate my unusual flies, like the pizza, the ginger bread man, the mermaid and the Kartier. Variety is the spice of life, as they say. I enjoy tying different types of flies. Some of our purist might find some of them too outlandish but that is okay. For me it is like painting and creating on a canvas, which I used to do a lot of. I like to experiment with different ideas and colors and shapes. The good thing about this is that you don't just hang them on the wall. You go fishing with your creation! A dream come true for me. :P :P

Wish someone would come up with a pure white feather and hackle in the flytying kit though.

Sorry to have taken your recent challenge record down again. I just know you can do better than that and I am waiting. :P

Good Luck!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing