Torlundy Middle Pond, best outing yet!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Torlundy Middle Pond, best outing yet!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Barns:

My congratulations for producing a great outing. Your work is getting better and better by the day. :D :D :D The pictures are great, the scenes very stable, the water flow is varied and interesting and the fish activity is just right. I had trouble catching fish in the first scene, even in beginner mode. I am glad it is not an easy chuck and reel kind of fishing in beginner mode. I think you have learn your lessons well from the Master himself.... Richard! I like this outing because I even had to do a couple of "double hauls" to get to the fish on the far side of the bank. Takes good casting techniques for sure. :P :P

I think this outing will be a bear to fish in Expert mode! I haven't tried it yet as I just started fishing this outing. I need to figure out some flies to use before I do that. The new fish, blue trout and landlock salmon are great. What is th maximum legal size for these fish??

You said all fish were legal but aaaaaaawwww! I caught an illegal one here. The big rainbow exceeded Richard's specified maximum for Rainbow Trout at 36 inches in the club house. Maybe we can call this a sea run rainbow, or a steelhead and it would be legal? LOL :D :D :D Ask Richard about that one!

Anyway thanks for another fascinating outing, I have only gotten to scene 4 and I will explore it further. Maybe I will get lucky like you and catch something truly huge!

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Torlundy Middle Pond, best outing yet!!

Postby Barns » Mon May 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi Stanley

You are correct i have made a big bloomer, i changed the fish at last moment and forgot to change sizes. Sorry pal but your fish won't count. I will have to fix the outing to correct size of fish. Only for the rainbow trout. Well spotted.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi Barns:

Good thing we caught that. Would be a shame to have this nice outing listed as "illegal". :D :D :D You are going to change the fish size and put up another link for the corrected outing? That would be great!

Anyway I looked into my "stock pond" and found this Rainbow just under the legal size! Haha! Really it doesn't matter whether it counts or not.... it was fun catching some nice fish in a great outing! :D :D

Regards,

Stanley

Fish: 35.53 inch RainbowTrout from BD_Torlundy middle pond1; Code: DFWRROBHBIYXLEINVQFEFBSQNGSZDPWFCKMWYBGEYK

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Mon May 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi guys,

regarding legal sizes, even when fish are caught in legal size, when it is from a banned outing, the fish won't count. Sorry.

For rainbow trout sizes are to be discussed, because steelheads are actual large rainbows.
But in this game the rainbows are ment to be smaller, so Brian is right sizes over 36 are illegal.

Regards Richard
richwest

Return to Real World Fly Fishing