Cascade Creek

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Cascade Creek

Postby paul » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:22 am

Cascade Creek is ready to download. Visit the downloads page for the link. You'll also need to download the cutthroat trout add-on.

I also updated the Park Creek outing from Kerry Evans. He told me there were a few cutthroat trout mixed in with the browns, but until now there were only browns there. It now holds cutthroats too, so if you want the most realistic experience, download a new copy of the outing along with the cutthroat add-on.

Shooting Cascade Creek and Lake was a very memorable hike with my wife and daughters. We saw buffalo in the meadow not far from the creek, bear tracks on the trail, and just after we got back to the van we saw a moose near the trial head. The bank was often vertical and the pools were deep, so finding suitable spots for the tripod was often tricky.

The trout were skittish and small, but absolutely gorgeous. Hint for the game: They took an elk hair caddis well enough, but a small terrestrial was the best bet.

I hope you have as much fun fishing this creek as I did.

Paul[/img]
paul
Site Admin

Postby Sean82 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:51 am

Hi Paul.

Just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying the addition of cascade creek to the game. The cutthroat trout are absolutely beautiful. I had read about them in John Gierach's books but had never seen photographs of them until now.

Keep up the good work!

Sean
Sean82

Return to Real World Fly Fishing