While Barns not fishing!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

While Barns not fishing!!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi Guys:

While Barns was at the doctor's and Richard was busy developing a new feature for the Club House I managed to sneak in a little fishing. I have a neurotic RWFF program. :roll: :roll: This morning I was hooking into some large fish and every single one went to the right side of the screen and had to be broken off, no matter what I tried. :oops: This evening I hooked some large fish and most of them came in without going to the right side of the screen. I noticed that the fish that "played nice" were under 55 inches. I will see if something larger than that can be landed tonight. If not, then we are back to the same situation as Niles River, having most of the large fish lost to the side of the screen.

If Paul should see this can you give us your expert comment on this problem? Really appreciate it. :D :D

I have a couple of nice fish for Barns. See, I won't let you down by not sending in fish.... :P :P :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: While Barns not fishing!!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Dear Stanley, I think I read on one of the posts that if you move the Drag bar up and down it sometimes corrects the fault of the fish on the right hand side of the screen, it's worth a try.Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi SW:

The idea was posted by Alvaro. While the fish was doing "it's thing" on the right side of the screen, I experimented with setting the drag up and then down, then up again. Didn't seem to help all the time. One time I minimized the scene for two hours and returned to it later. Guess what? The fish did not tire and was still pulling hard against the reel with the backing fully out!! I finally had to break it off.

One thing I tried that worked only once was to hit the space bar and bring up the choice option, like flybox, help, etc. (I did this while fishing the Nile) I hit Ctrl and flybox at the same time. It bought the fish back on a drag that can be reeled and landed. Actually what happened was by hitting flybox the line reeled in all at once. Subsequent tries ended with a broken line. So this is also a no go!! :oops:

Would be great if Richard can come up with a solution and issue an update on this problem. It is disheartening to fight the fish, sometimes for over half and hour (maybe longer) only have the line break off just to get out of the impasse. :P :P

I did manage to catch some large fish tonight. Nothing over 55 inches though. I have equally Barns' record on Steelhead at 47.83 inches. My largest Pike bettered his by a meer 0.35 inch. Now that is close competition!!! :D :D I have a feeling that we have lose much larger fish due to the "going to the right of screen" problem. We will never know how big they were.

Still, the Alaska 2 outing is magnificent and fun in every way. Time well spent with this great outing. :D :D

Regards,

Stanley

Regards
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi All:

Had lots of fun fishing Alaska 2 tonight. Caught some nice fish and my butt is aching. :D :D :D Thought I'd post them before going to bed. Long day at the office tomorrow!! Barns and Richard will have a nice surprise when they visit the forum. :P

I caught a larger Wild Carp, a record Brown Trout and equalled Barns' Steelhead. Man this is a tight competition. Wish Alvaro, Richard and Geraldro and others would join in. :D :D

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:39 am

Hi Stanley

Sorry but i can go one better. :D I did manage to get pretty close to your Pike at 52.60. so anything is possible. :wink:

I was wondering have any of my outings ran of the side. Especially the new one THE WELLS as there is some hidden big fish. :!:
If not, i think i might have an answer to help Richard and Paul.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby alvaro mundt » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi all.
Ihave the same problem that stanley,the nile perch,over 55 inch go out of the screen.What´s the problem.( S.O.S RICHARD).
todays fishing.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/2/27/2340551/c0000_MundtCrappie.zip
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/2/27/ ... tPerch.zip
A present for Stanley,Richard,Barns,Geraldo and Scotish Warrior.(two Flies for red fish).

regards Alvaro
alvaro mundt

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi Alvaro:

Nice to see you back and going strong. Some nice fish you caught there. Tonight I fished the Alaska 2 outing again and gave up after breaking off 4 or 5 large fish to the right side of the screen. Wish Paul will come onto the scene and give us some help on this. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the crappie flies. They are very nice and original designs. I will try them in Richard's Redfish Water again. I don't know what Richard did but this outing is very additive and I go back to fish it all the time. Keep up the good fishing and hope you can land some fish over 55 inches. :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi Stanley and Alvaro.

Sorreeeeeeee but i have gone and done it again, lets see if you can beat these fish. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried Alvaro's trick, does work if you know how to use it, i will try it a few more times on bigger fish. If successful i will let everyone know. :)

Stanley have you tried Scottish Warriors outing with out the food, that would be an interesting competition, don't you think ?

Spent most of today tying flies for me and wife. I have another outing ready, but will leave it as there has been so many lately. :lol: :lol:
Did you manage to find The Wells outing, you might catch a very large fish in it.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Barns » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:18 am

Stanley went to the nile to try out line tension up and down. First cast hooked a big fish run of screen tried my trick didn't work next cast i hooked this,and it stayed in centre of screen. So i think you are right they are rogue fish. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:57 am

Hi Barns and Alvaro:

Great catches!! Very impressive fishing!!:D :D :D It is pretty unpredictable with these fish. One day everything comes in, the next everything goes to the right and broken off. :oops: I have written an email to Paul and begged him to look into this problem. I was broken off a few times last night fishing Alaska 2 and finally just gave up. I think you are right though, picking the "no food hint" outing for a competition would be a great idea. I haven't fished it yet, but if it has large fish going to the right again we would end up with the same problem. :D :D :D Let me know if you have this experience.

Today is my golf day so I will be gone for the entire day. Will get back to the fishing later. :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing