Sea Trout from Wells Outing

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Sea Trout from Wells Outing

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi Barns:

Thank you for your persistence in making the Wells Outing for me. It is working flawlessly now. I fished Wells tonight with a light rod, 6X leader and a size 14 midge fly. Hooked a nice fish on my third cast and took almost 20 minutes to land. Turned out to be a nice Sea Trout! :D :D :D Had to finness the fish a little as the leader was very thin. It was very relaxing and great fun. Even had time to talk to the wife while I was playing the fish. The great thing about the outings that we have is the fact that some are big water and huge fish, others are scenic and relaxing to cast a light line and small fly. Thanks again for a great outing. I think when others try it they will like it a lot. :D :D :D

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Sea Trout from Wells Outing

Postby Barns » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Stanley

Now i know you are cheating :lol: :lol: :lol: There's no Sea Trout in the pond Must be another rogue fish. :) :?

I went back and checked what i fish i had put in.

Regards

Barns
ps watch out for the big one.
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi Barns:

Just to show you I didn't have something funny in my dinner drink, this is what the record says :D :D :D Is Glazert the same outing as Wells??

I think it will be great fun to do the challenge in the Alaska 2 outing. Hope others interested will join in the fun and competition, there must be other good flyfishers out there besides the regular ones on the Forum. If you guys know of any, give them a heads up and wake up call on this unofficial challenge. Waiting for you to post the bench mark score on Alaska 2!... :D :D :D Then Richard, Alvaro, Geraldro and myself will come after you. :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley

PS. I just fished Redfish Waters again in expert mode and came up with a 22.28 Redfish.. I will go back and try to catch a bigger one this evening.

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Stanley

No. The Wells is a hill Loch above my house in the Campsie Hills. There are 3 of them but i have only photographed 2 of them at moment, to be honest i forgot about the third. :roll:

The River Glazert runs through the small village i stay in. Called Milton of Campsie.

I haven't forgotten about The River Glazert2, just been busy tying for my first competion in 2 weeks. Might tye some in the game and try. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Barns
ps thought i was losing it.
Barns

Return to Real World Fly Fishing