NEW!! Record Nile Perch

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

NEW!! Record Nile Perch

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Richard, Barns and SW:

First of all, a million thanks to SW for creating this heart stopping outing. And to Richard, for creating this wonderful fish. :lol: :lol:

Barns, I told you, records were made to be broken, hehe :D :D :D Look what I have found! Unbelievable!

Don't know what to say, lost for words now :D :D .....maybe my virtual gaft and net is working afterall. I will test it some more before I make it public. Incidentally, this particular fish was landed in a normal fashion, although it did take something like half hour of playing it. Maybe some fish are rogue fish and others are not??

Regards,

Stanley :P :P

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: NEW!! Record Nile Perch

Postby Barns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Stanley

It was a long time in coming, but my full congratulations on this fine specimen of a fish. :D :D :D
So what happens now :?: Do we now still try, i suppose it is still possible to beat, i could start using 9x nylon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done you deserve it. Remember what Richard said about his Redfish max 32, well Nile Perch is 65.00. :wink:
Your prize is well and truly safe, i see Alvaro has come out of hiding, too late. :lol:

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Dear Stanley, Thank you for having the patience to land that fish, and for proving that it can be done, though I think it pushes the limit of the game to the extreme, you have restored my faith in my outing building and for that alone I Thank You
Regards and Tight Lines To All. Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Barnes and Martin:

Thanks for you congrats! :D :D I really appreciate this coming from a great fisherman and competitor. :D :D The size of this Nile fish is pushing near the maximum size envelope. Just like your Redfish. It will be pretty hard to beat although it is still mathematically possible. Maybe we should move on to SW's new outing, Alaska 2 for the proposed competition?

I will fish the Nile Perch some more and see if the larger fish can be landed in a way that I had accidentally discovered. Will let you guys know how this goes. Well, it was lots of fun and very exciting doing all this over the past few days. I even gave up my regular golf game to do this and this is really something. Martin, thanks again, you are a hard working genius and all of us appreciate your fine work and great photography. :D :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi Martin and all:

I fish the Nile outing a little more tonight. I was able to land this 56.19 inch fish the "usual" way, without any problems. The fish never went to the right side of the screen but took a while to land it. After that I hooked another large fish and it did go to the right side of the screen and took me into the backing. I thought I had things figured out but all it did was snap my line this time. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for the fish to play out before I did my procedure. Will try again tomorrow. Below is the fish that I landed in the conventional fashion, so it can be done! :D :D :D

Also included the fly that caught the record fish....Giant Crayfish C L, I was fishing in Beginner mode, using two split shots at 4 feet depth. The fly size I used was number 6, which almost approximates the size of the crayfish in the "food table". This fly has been uploaded before and can be found at the custom fly collection in the Club House. Good luck fishing all.....catch a huge one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing