Record Nile Perch (temporary??)

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Record Nile Perch (temporary??)

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Ok guys and Gals:

We had so much fun competing for the biggest Redfish I thought I would post a number of the Nile Perch for you guys to beat. :D :D It is quite a ways short of the potential maximum so there is a lot of room to go. The Nile Perch is large and not difficult to catch. Finding the big one will be the key in this very long 35 scene masterpiece by SW.

I am thinking about donating a copy of RWFF to the outright winner at the end of the month. You can use the extra copy yourself or give it to someone who might be interested in this fascinating game. Everyone is eligible to compete except SW for he is the creator of this outing. (Sorry SW, I know you would want to opt out of this anyway, being the true gentleman) :D The cut off date will be the end of March and fish can be caught in any mode except Cheater. Largest fish wins!! :D :D If Richard would verify the catch code everything will be very simple. What do you say, guys. Good idea?? :P :P Please let me know.

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Record Nile Perch (temporary??)

Postby Scottish Warrior » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Dear Yellowstone7, Scottish Warrior here, am very interested in this idea and want to confirm that I am not open to bribery, but will tell you all that the one I posted to prove they are catchable is not the only one of that size within the outing, I wish you all the luck in the world and Tight Lines To All. Regards Martin..
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks Martin:

I hope this will be a fun idea and will get everyone excited and involved as we did with the Redfish Waters outing. I have a feeling when Spring comes around things will quiet down a little in the Forum as everyone will be going outdoors to do what they love best....whether it be fishing, golf, photography or travels. You have a monumental task on your hands in building 50 outings. I am looking for a proper high pixel camera and other equipment so I can go around Hong Kong and shoot some pictures for a Hong Kong outing. We do have some beautil beaches and cliffs and rock formations around here, besides 7 million people, over 350000 cars, taxis and buses and skyscrappers!!. I used to do a lot of photography when I was in college. I was the head of the photographic staff ( had a staff of 8 photographers) and was responsible for all the pictures in the college papers, annuals and official college publications. So..... taking up photography again will be a lot of fun for me. :lol: :lol:

Again, thanks for a great Niles outing which will be the center of the competition. I promise not to bribe you to learn the location of the biggest fish... :D :D We will have lots of fun and posts, I hope.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi Guys:

The big Nile Perch has gone to the right of the screen and is fighting it heart out now in a minimized mode. I will heat up a couple pieces of pizza and I suspect that when I resume the situation would till be the same. I will just have to break it off and start all over again. No joy, to say the least. :oops: Can Paul help out with this on his next update? Please, please??? :D :D

I just know you will come to our rescue. Otherwise it will be pretty hard to land a fish big enough to win the proposed contest. :D :D

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi Guys:

Just broke my third large fish off to the right side of the screen. Looks like until this is fixed we probably can't have a fishing contest....Hope Paul can figure something out pretty soon. Maybe the size of the fish need to be reduced to be landed successfully? That would be a shame, I love those monster size Nile Perches. :D :D

Will see what happens to others when they fish for the Nile Perch and see if they have the same problem.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Scottish Warrior » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi all, I put the size down from 79" to 65" in each of the fish folders on each site and landed 2 large fish one of over 51" and one over 63", I dont know what else I can do to resolve this problem, as you say maybe Paul can come up with a solution, I will keep my fingers crossed.
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby richwest » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Abput fish sizes,

It does not make any difference to what species is hooked, the programm reacts all the same for each species, it is only the size that matters.
So if one would create a 70" Ruudd, it will do the same as a 70"Nile Perch.

Initially the program has not been created to handle this fish sizes, The problem has been created by ourselves (outings creators) by adding even bigger species.

So maybe, Paul, if you tead this, can you give any details about the max size the programm can handle or even better solve the problem by adjusting fish behavour.
(would be a good reson for me to reset scores again LOL)

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby richwest » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:15 pm

Clubhouse thoughts.

I'm thinking of extending the Clubhouse with new scores list.
I wonder if you guys see anything in extending with outingsrecords.

I would like to make a list of all outings with their available species and put on the expert level biggest catches (only highest score per species)

Just polling who's in favour.

Regards Richard
richwest

Postby Barns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:04 am

Stanley

Stop complaining, its easy your record has gone but i'm not saying what yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Barns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:24 am

Stanley

In all my excitement i forgot to take picture, fish was 48.25, but i also have another one bigger.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Barns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 am

Stanley

Here we go again, i had a shot late last night, thought the Nile perch had been removed from my game, as all i was catching was Tiger fish, then changed to another of my flies and had 6 Nile perch in a row smallest was 26.31,38.61,39.99,40.98,48.25,56.24 Only 1 fish went of screen.

I have tied up a special fly for this outing, but cannot find it now.

Regards

Barns
ps Where's Alvaro ????????
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 am

Hi Barns and Richard:

Barns, the Egyptian games and fishery should impose a daily catch limit on Nile Perch for people like you. Maybe only three per day?? LOL :D :D :D What did you do?? Came up with a virtual net and gaft?? Going at this rate you will be buying and ice house and the Nile will be void of "medium size" Perches. (the larger ones cannot be caught, at least not yet!).

It is not the record, or anything else. Someone will always set a record and someone will always beat it. It is the fact that the larger fish vanishes on the right side of the screen and you never get to see what was there and how large. And this usually comes some 10-15 minutes after fighting the fish. So this is lost time. :oops:

Remember the "illegal" 100 inch Tarpon that I caught? This large fish also went to the right side of the screen and hung there but it "landed itself" after about half an hour without my intervention. In the Nile Perches case it would go to the right side, I returned to the screen after after an hour and the fish was still there. The line was slack enough to reel in some, but the line would not come in when I reel. Like the gear was slippiing. Finally had to break it off. :oops: I hope Paul will do something about this problem as I am thinking about including some shark species to the planned Hong Kong outing and a 60 inch shark is a baby!! Also human sharks usually weight more than 150 lbs.

Richard, your club house idea sounds pretty good. I am for it. Sorry, but that will mean more work for you....hehe :D

One thing I have noticed of late is the interest in building special, or custom and "magic flies" for each specie and outing and I think this is wonderful. In real life I was a fly tyer when I was actively fishing and I always thought this was a great and integral part of flyfishing. Richard, would it be possible to display the picture of the fly that caught the record fish? And also the other top scores? Maybe this is too much work for you and too much to ask, heh??? :D :D

Now, back to the minimized screen. I am sure the large Nile Perch that I hooked is still there tugging at the drag. Maybe now I will say hello to my wife, pet my dog and have some dinner and let old "Perchie" play itself out a bit. I have a feeling I will have to break it off though. I will try SW's new outing, Alaska 2 tonight.

Cheers,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:55 am

Stanley

I finally found my flies. You only want to see what i am using for my record fish :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it wasn't for your fly i wouldn't have come up with killers. :P :P
All i have done is change the colours to what i think would work on these fish. :!:

I only got to site 6 last night, so plenty more fishing to be done.

Richard aint going to be happy, my doctor has signed me off for a further 3 weeks. :lol: :lol: This will give me the chance to complete the rest of outings i am working on.

Wish i could stay up 24/ 7 to play this game. :D But i think the wife will want a divorce. :)
Better get back to the ironing.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Barns:

What?? Threes week to devote to catching record fish? Richard, you should seriously consider creating a "Professional" category in your club house records just for people like Barns. :P :P :P This guy Barns will keep you really busy for the next few months.

I do have some good and bad news for you, Barns...hehe :D Good news is I have found a way to create a virtual net and gaft and I just caught two decently large Nile Perch. First one was 51.08 inch and the next one at 51.79 inch. Both were landed without incident. More and bigger fish will be caught this evening. The bad news is I don't know if this is a fluke and I will test it out some more before disclosing what I did. If it works I will make it public so the other fishers can land their larger fish.

I think you are using my giant C L Crayfish and changing the color to suit the Nile Perch. Did I ever send you my "she minnow", now that would be something to catch a male Nile Perch with. LOL :P :P :P

Dinner now, pet the wife and talk to the dog and more fishing later... :D :D

Maybe we should PM Alvaro to see if he is ok??

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby richwest » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Brian,

Send me the address of your doctor, I have to do some serious talking to the man.
Is he nuts or what? Does he know what he's doing to me?

My new Idea for the clubhouse will show the b1 picture of each outing, it's name, every species it contains, expert level highscore of that species and as Stanley suggested a picture of the used fly.

I will give it a kick-off on shotrt time by starting off with an example on how I think it could be, so every body can "shoot" at it.

And yes guys it will give me a lot of extra work, but I feel like doing it, so more people can have the chance on having a record, because every outing or even site can hold specific settings.

When I create an outing, I try to make it as realistic as possible by not putting large fish in shallow waters and that kin of things.
I Also give the larger ones more selectivity or spookiness, because older and bigger fish are smarter and due to that more difficult to catch.

That's it for now, be expecting my new post when I got the example on outingrecords online.

Regards Richard

Take it easy, for I won't be fishing much the next few days, so no record reports from me!
I've only fished 3 or 4 times last 1.5 weeks
richwest

Return to Real World Fly Fishing