Fishing for quotes

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Fishing for quotes

Postby paul » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:52 pm

The support for Real World Fly Fishing on this forum has been tremendous and I want to thank all of you who contrubute to it! I want to ask those of you who own the game a favor. Lately a lot of people are downloading the demo version, and we want to start contacting demo users about the advantages of the full version. No bulk, annoying spams, just a few friendly reminders that they're only getting a taste of what the full version has to offer.

What I'm asking for is this: Do you have anything to say to demo users about why they should buy the full version? Anything about your own impressions of the game that might nudge a few downloaders towards making the purchase? Also, if you've posted about the game on the forum, can we have your permission to quote you in our marketing materials?

Thanks for you support! 8)

Paul Halter
Pishtech

PS - I'm working on getting that next outing together - Cascade Creek in Yellowstone is in the works.
paul
Site Admin

Postby theduke » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:15 pm

Hey Bro, you can use anything that i have said. Dont matter to me. And if you want me to say something let me know :)
theduke

Postby Reg O » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:09 am

:D Hi Paul

I only used the fishing demo for a few days before buying the deluxe version, and if I had know how good Real World Fly Fishing was, I would have just went ahead and bought it.

I have looked at and tried some of the different waters, but I'm kind of hooked on the Burns River scenery. It is very similar to a river I've been on, and so realistic that I can honestly say I actually caught myself a couple of times checking the banks for bears as I do when I'm really fishing. I was also able to land a 29 in. brown trout here and that was great too. I'm still trying for the one that took the fly and snapped the line all in one jerk even tho the drag was set fairly low. Had to be BIG.

The tips given by your virtual fishing guide are very good. I'm kind of a novice fly fisherman and the tips on fly choices and casting are really helpful.

I think one of the best features that sets this sim apart from other games I've bought is the direct line to the developer. Here a person can submit ideas or pictures and actually have them used. Keep up the good work.

Reg O
Reg O

Postby kerrye » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:49 am

Paul, you may use any of my past comments to help persuade people to get involved with the game and the fact that I spent the time and effort to do a photo shoot (Park Creek) for the game testifies how much I have enjoyed playing Real World Fly Fishing. Kerrye :D
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

Postby shanksi » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:58 am

Paul,
Haven't really posted any comments for you to use but have posted a link to the demo on a couple of fly fishing forums in the UK and know a few folk have had a look and have enjoyed using it.

Ian
shanksi

Game Demo Version

Postby Caveman » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:09 am

The Real Worl Fly Fishing demo is really neat! I hope there are no plans to have it changed or withdrawn. Just from playing the demo, I am already convinced that Real World Fly Fishing is in no way the best fly fishing simulator/game for computer. To the contrary, it is the best fishing game/simulator, period. And I reached that conclusion merely by playing the demo.
I am not a crank writer/caller or any of the like. I have not yet bought the full version of Real World Fly Fishing merely because at the moment, my Visa bank card is in the process of being replaced due to its being lost or stolen, and my bank, in order to protect me, has very courteously frozen my bank accounts, including my checking account, as well. So, at present, I have no way to pay for the full version of Real World Fly Fishing. As soon as the problem caused by the loss or theft of my Visa card is straightened out, and I can start using my bank accounts again, I hope to buy the full version of this game.
I would recommend that anyone who gets the demo version of Real World Fly Fishing goes ahead and buys the full version of this game. The realism in just the demo of this game is the best that's ever been, and the pictures of the fish, streams, and countryside are stunning, making the graphics of this game far ahead of any other fishing game/simulator that is available; even Rapala Pro Fishing. If the demo of a video game is that good, then the full game will be phenomenal. I look forward to playing the full version of Real World Fly Fishing.
I miss the old Gunnison River in Colorado.
Caveman

Postby kerrye » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:42 am

Hey Caveman. If you know somebody in the Gunnison area, have them do a photo shoot in the Black Canyon for the game. It really dresses up the sport to be able to play game on water you are familiar with. :D
kerrye

to Kerrye:

Postby Caveman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:02 am

Kerrye:
I got your message. I will look up people I know in Colorado, to see if they can get some pictures of the Gunnison River. Hopefully, someone can get pictures of the Arkansas River at the Royal Gorge as well. I also saw a recent article from people who made a float trip down the Colorado River from somewhere this river is in or near the state of Colorado, all the way to Lake Mead (or was it Lake Powell?). Anyway, these people said that they caught some HUGE rainbows in the Colorado River in Arizona. I will look for their article on the Web. However, I think these people caught these rainbows with light spinning tackle, so that may not be acceptable for a fly fishing game or simulator.
Also, there are indeed a few small streams in far western Texas up in the Davis Mountains that have trout in them (These trout are natives, incredibly.) and trout have been successfully stocked in tha rapids of several rivers in the Texas Hill Country, along with a couple of runs just below the dams of a couple of lakes in north central Texas. There might be a potential for a trout fishing outing there as well.
I miss the old Gunnison River in Colorado.
Caveman

Postby kerrye » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:17 am

Caveman, if you have not read up on the back posts about photo shoots for the game, it is a pretty simple process. You pick a stretch of stream that has a dozen to twenty good runs, riffles, pools or holes and using a tri-pod, set up on each site out in the water, with the camera at eye-level just as if you were fishing that pool. With the camera (digital) on the tripod, shoot four or five shots without moving the camera. When Paul gets the photos, he can put each set of pix in a loop, making the water appear to move and the back-ground stays stationary. Then he adds the bugs and the fish and- - Voila, realistic fishing. When you get the game CD and install it, you can then go to the downloads link and add some more places to fish. I did a shoot in September on Park Creek, east of Wolf Creek Pass, going back up toward Summitville. That is one of the downloads. I plan to do a couple more brookie and cutt streams this next summer. :D
kerrye

Postby BigSteel » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:53 am

i've had the demo for a day now and i dont need, much more convincing to buy the deluxe version! Excellent game!
weekend warrior
BigSteel

Return to Real World Fly Fishing